The first puff sleeve pattern I chose to cut out ended up having too much of a curve along the lower edge when I test-sewed it, so this is how I reduced the curve on my fabric pieces : O
Below is simply a picture of my two fabric pieces laid one over top of the other, exactly lined up along the edges.
Then I folded them in half lengthwise, matching up the lower edges since they were mirrored when I cut out the paper-pattern : O The upper and side edges aren’t as important.
From the lowest point on the current curve, I measured up 1.5” and made a mark on the fold.
After that, I measured FROM the fold 2.5 “, since it looked to me like that’s where the lower edge actually began to curve upward. I made a mark and drew a line from the fold to the mark.
Then from the OUTER corner I measured 4.0” and made a mark;
Then I extended the line I’d already drawn up to the 4” line,
Then I cut through all 4 layers of fabric without removing the fold : O
Tada! The puff sleeve has been modified : ) Look forward to Part 2 of the tutorial where I’ll show how I sewed it all together. :O